The school is organised into eight classes:
Foundation Stage: Nursery and Reception
Key Stage One: Years 1 and 2
Key Stage Two: Years 3 to 6.
All teaching is in mixed ability classes, with a maximum of 30 pupils.
The School Day
Reception 9.00am - 3.25pm
Infant 9.00am - 3.30pm
Junior 9.00am - 3.35pm
Start of the day
The playground gates open at 8.45am, children are supervised until the bell rings at 8.55am when the school doors open.
- Parents / carers of Foundation Stage and Key Stage One are welcome to come into the classroom with their child from 9.00 to 9.15. In Key Stage Two parents are encouraged to visit on Tuesdays and Fridays. This is a chance for you to settle your child in to class, to read with them and to help them to choose a book.
End of the day
- Pupils are taken to the playground to be collected by their parents.
- Parents are encouraged to collect their child from the relevant area; this avoids confusion and congestion at collection points.
- Parents must inform their child’s class teacher in advance if another adult is collecting your child, as this helps to avoid confusion.
- Parents must phone the school office if they are delayed and will not be able to collect their child on time. On arrival the office staff will let you know which teacher is caring for late children.