Visits and Visitors
We take every opportunity to provide enriching learning opportunities, this can include visits to theatres, participation in sports events or performing before an audience.
We worked with children and parents to produce our Entitlements Pledge.
As a school community we have agreed that, while at Christopher Hatton every pupil will have the opportunity to:
- Hold a position of responsibility
- Visit the major museums, galleries and significant places in London
- Attend a theatre performance and music concert
- Meet people form various careers and professions
- Represent the school at a sporting event
- Develop an enterprise to support a charity
- Have a residential stay and residential week outside London
- Take part in a performance
- Grow a plant from seed and cook a dish
- Celebrate their achievements
At Christopher Hatton we go beyond the core curriculum. We enrich children's experiences to widen their horizons, encouraging them to make the most of life's opportunities.
Trips and outings
These are a really big part of the children’s curriculum.
There is at least one trip per half term, designed to extend children’s learning and make use of our fantastically central location. Parents are usually needed to come too – your child’s teacher may send a letter home prior to a trip asking for volunteers. Sometimes families are asked for a financial contribution towards trips; but many trips are paid for from cake sale money.
Year 6 have a week-long residential trip to Sayers Croft, an outdoor adventure study centre in Surrey (www.sayers-croft.org.uk). These trips are looked forward to all year and have an amazing effect on children’s confidence and independence!